If you’re a loyal Skinity reader (thank you to all 6 of you!), you know that washing your face is a kind of a science project and we’ve all been doing it wrong for some time. But there is more.
If you are in a hurry in the morning (thank you snooze button that gives you 9 minutes extra nap) or had a really long day at work, nothing looks more appealing that washing it all in one go – in the shower.
Here is why washing your face at the sink is a better option:
- water you’re showering with is way too hot. It can additionally dry your skin.
- water pressure in the shower? On your face? Too harsh.
- shower gel is not a face cleanser
- shampoo is not a face cleanser
- hard soap IS NOT a face cleanser
It’s that simple.
The water temperature when is very important so you don’t dry your skin up. Next time when you hear from someone that remove a cleansing oil/balm/cream with a hot cloth, run away.
There are some treatments when a hot cloth is a thing, but it’s not a part of your everyday routine. Keep it luke warm!!